https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer with a Structural background to work on a permanent basis near Ormskirk.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
Our client is seeking a Senior Project Engineer who holds a Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering.
We are looking to appoint a suitably experienced Structural Engineer to lead and control the technical output of large structural engineering projects in medium/large scale.
The successful Structural Engineer will:
* Be required to work using their own initiative and will be responsible for the production of detailed civil and structural calculations in accordance with the relevant British standards, Eurocodes, internal procedures, and where appropriate local legislation.
* Be responsible for the technical accuracy of the project delivery.
* Lead and supervise internal and external design resources to produce the required design output.
* Lead structural design verification reviews against approved Design Specifications agreed with the Client and/or key internal Stakeholders.
* Ensure highest quality of delivery when producing or presenting designs to internal and/or customer standards.
* Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
* Be well versed in independently managing projects including chairing and presenting at meetings with key internal Stakeholders, Clients and Contract Parties.
* Communicate and collaborate with engineers and technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
* Control off site activities, including sub-contractors, as directed by Senior Engineer/Site Agent.
* Act as an ambassador for safety on Construction Projects we lead.
This role will require a willingness to work overseas for periods of up to 8 weeks at a time before returning to the UK.
* Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software. Working knowledge or understanding of Autodesk REVIT / BIM 360
* Working knowledge and understanding of detailed Structural Calculations and Structural software, traditional building materials and overall site wide infrastructure and earthworks
* A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how those fit in with the project as a whole
* Package management experience of medium and large scale Structural/ Civil Contracts
* Knowledge of CDM regulations
* High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software i.e. Word, Excel, Project
* IStructE Chartered or working towards Chartership
If the Senior Project Engineer (Structural Engineer) role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!