https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Senior Technical Advisor to work on a permanent basis near Glasgow.
Salary is up to £35,000 per annum
Duties will include:
To support the commercial team and customers by providing technical and pricing information. Responsible for dealing with incoming inquiries for product, technical and estimating support by providing guidance, system specifications, detail drawings, calculations and quotations. May also be required to attend project meetings.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the provision of office-based technical support to internal and external customers:
- Manage incoming technical and pricing enquiries;
- Advise on technical specification and pricing enquiries to customers;
- Issue project quotations, drawings, specifications, calculations, etc to customers;
- Manage project enquiries from specification stage through to warranty issue;
- Manage the provision of technical support to projects externally as required:
- Liaise with External Site Technicians to ensure site inspections take place in a timely fashion;
- Provide on-site technical assistance as and when needed;
- Attend design meetings for major projects as and when requested;
- Deliver (or assist in delivering) Contractor Training Programmes.
- Under the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, within your area of control, you will be responsible for:
- The effective implementation of the Policy;
- Ensuring that the requirements of Health & Safety legislation are adhered to;
- Ensuring that Works Instructions, Safe Systems of Work and method statements are adhered to;
- Maintaining a valid CSCS card;
- Understanding the Work at Heights Regulations 2005 and safe working practices of construction sites.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Preferably possess an HND/HNC qualification within a building, architectural or related discipline;
- Conversant with AutoCAD software;
- Ability to use specialist software (e.g. condensation risk analysis) after appropriate training;
- Good understanding of construction methods and detailing;
- Awareness of building regulations and other relevant legislative requirements;
- Sound technical knowledge of AEBP and competitors’ systems;
- Knowledge of product application techniques;
- Good technical literacy – able to read and interpret construction drawings;
- Literate in office-based software packages (e.g. Microsoft);
- Knowledge of pricing procedures of the MR approved contractor base and a good understanding of bills of quantities and other tender documentation;
- Ability to communicate at all levels and work both as part of a team and under own initiative;
- Ability to lead a team to achieve the desired outcomes.
If the Senior Technical Advisor role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW or press APPLY NOW!