gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Job title: Sewing Machine Engineer
Salary: Negotiable + bens
Due to expansion this leading manufacturer is looking to recruit a Sewing Machine Engineer to ideally work on a rotating 6-2 / 2-10 shift, we would consider a day shift or even part time.
The Sewing Machine Engineer role is for a growing FMCG company who continues to experience 15-20% year on year growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to become a key player at a state of the art production facility and play a pivotal supporting the production plant within the maintenance team. The company is renowned for producing high quality products.
As the Sewing Machine Engineer you will:
- Be responsible for the mechanical and electrical maintenance of all sewing machines.
- Ensure that any mechanical problems are rectified as a priority;
- Work closely with the Chief Sewing Machine Mechanic on planned preventative maintenance;
- Support the Shift Mechanical/Electrical Engineer with fault finding and repair of all other plant, machinery and equipment;
- Carry out safety checks and inspection of plant, machinery and equipment.
The Successful Sewing Machine Engineer:
- Will be a time served sewing machine mechanic with experience in lockstitch and overlock sewing machines. Multi-needle quilting machine experience would be of additional advantage;
- Have some experience in fault finding, repair and general maintenance of other associated textile machinery;
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work positively in a team environment;
- Strong health and safety awareness;
- Competent to attempt most aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering with little direction;
- Experienced with pneumatics and hydraulics.
Benefits as the Sewing Machine Engineer:
- Good salary + benefits
- Regular overtime opportunities.
- Pension (after qualifying period).
- Occupational Health Scheme.
- Subsidised food and drink facilities.
- 22 days holidays plus the bank holidays, with additional days increasing after qualifying period.
Interested? If you think you are right for the Sewing Machine Engineer role please click apply now.