http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitment are working alongside a global manufacturing client who is looking for a exceptional candidate to join their team. The company is going through a huge investment plan, so it is an ideal time for somebody looking for progression to join the business.
The role owner is responsible for ensuring shift activity takes place in a safe and compliant en-vironment where all colleagues are engaged in target achievement and continual improve-ment, resulting in providing exemplary customer satisfaction.
The position is responsible for ensuring all Area Owners have the correct information, re-sources and skills within their areas of responsibility to deliver quality, productivity and material usage efficiency that daily meets plant objectives.
A key requirement for the position is resource planning for the shift. Looking at short, medium and longer-term requirements. Proposals and actions are signed off and actioned in conjunc-tion with the manufacturing leader.
The Shift Leader is the primary shift process knowledge who constantly reviews the skill set of their Area Owners to identify and deliver the appropriate development to enable continual im-provement in shift delivery of the production plan and achievement of performance KPIs.
The position is considered the Senior Person on Site during out of standard hours operations.
The shift delivers the production volume and right first-time quality product within the labor cost targets for the production process.
* Ensure sufficient resources with the appropriate skill sets are available in each area to deliver the production schedule allocated to the shift – reviewing short and longer-term requirements.
* Review capabilities and develop area team member flexibility to ensure key tasks are always carried out by competent and trained staff.
* When required and in conjunction with HR, review underperformance or contraventions of company rules by area members and instigate disciplinary measures where required.
* Conduct return to work interviews on the first day back of staff returning from absence.
Constantly monitor the operation for waste and non-value adding activities ensuring all improvements are documented and briefed to the other shifts.
* Drive agreed business improvement initiatives as the shift champion ensuring all reports understand both the techniques and benefits. Provide mentoring and support to the Area Owners.
* Reviews the adherence to standard operating procedures during the shift activities to ensure best practice is in place
* Recommends any improvement to SOP that removes waste for approval and adaption across the shiftsTo participate in continuous improvement projects across the site
PRODUCTIVITY / EFFICIENCY
Deliver the production plan on a daily shift basis within the defined labor cost target with right first-time quality
* Drive production to meet plan target, ensuring quality standards and safe operating procedures are always followed whilst delivering ever improving output per man hour attainment.
* Check accuracy of all shift production performance data and sign off.
Ensure all products are produced right first time, in line with the quality manual and product specifications.
* Demonstrate awareness of Vandemoortele HACCP policy, ensuring all staff comply with critical control points and all other quality standards and instructions across all Production activities.
* Monitor quality assurance via in process control charts and measures
If you are interested in this role, please apply now.