'@gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Skilled Bobst Machine Operator / Case Making Machine Operatives with experience in the printing, packaging or corrugated cardboard sector are required ASAP for permanent, full time positions in the Marston Green / Birmingham Airport, B37 area. Competitive salary (DoE) + benefits. The normal working week is 40 hours (Mon-Thur 7am – 6pm) with O/T frequently available on the Friday and or Saturday.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary (Dependent on Experience)
- Hours of work Monday – Thursday 7:00am – 6:00pm (2x 30 min breaks) plus O/T on a Friday and or Saturday
- Holiday allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite secure parking and subsidised canteen
Job Objective: Machine Operators are crucial to the success of the business and tasked with responsibility of operating machinery to safely achieve maximum outputs and efficiency.
The successful Skilled Machine Operator / Die Cutting Machine Operator day to day duties will include:
- Understand how machines operate, conduct quality checks periodically and adjust the machine as needed for changeover.
- To be responsible for the health and safety of yourself and others whilst at work.
- Follow instructions and production schedules. To be able to act quickly when problems arise.
- Carry out cleaning tasks to a high standard.
- To operate the machinery in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring operating efficiency is maximised and downtime minimised.
The ideal Skilled Machine Operator will have the following experience, skills and characteristics:
- Proven experience of operating printer slotter / case maker, die cutting or folder gluer production machines such as Bobst, Mitsubishi or Maramatsu etc. at optimum production speeds
- Previous production experience within the print, packaging, corrugated or flat board packaging sectors.
- A strong attention to detail, be able to solve problems and make decisions.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills coupled with self-motivation to meet deadlines
- As a Team member you must be versatile and willing to do whatever is needed to support others.
- PC literate in Microsoft (Word, Excel etc.)
- Excellent communicator (writing, reading and verbal)
- Knowledge of working under KPI’s to track productivity / performance and quality.
Key words: Skilled Machine Operative, Case Maker, Casemaking, Printer Slotter, Die Cutting Operator, Die and Cut, Cut & Crease, Folder Gluer, Carton Maker, Skilled Print Finisher, Bobst Machinist, Maramatsu, Mitsubishi, Conversion Technology, Printing, Production, Manufacturing, Packaging, Corrugated Cardboard, Carton / Flat Board Packaging, Mechanical, FLT, Quality Control, QC, Solihull, Marston Green, Birmingham, Coventry, West Midlands
The successful Skilled Machine Operator will need to be flexible as you may be required to work at other sites and there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant machine operating experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
If you think you’re the perfect fit for this Skilled Machine Operative role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV so we can consider you for an interview.
You could be right for this Skilled Machine Operative position if you’ve previously worked as any of the following: Bobst Machine Operator, Die Cutting Machine Operative, Skilled Print Finisher, Folder Gluing Machine Operator, Casemaker Machine Minder, Carton Maker.