https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Multi-Skilled Precision Manual Machinist (Miller / Turner) or Toolmaker with experience of highly precise components in small batches or 1 or 2 offs is required for a permanent position (Mon – Fri days) in the Winsford / Middlewich, CW9 area. Salary for this role is £26,500, plus benefits and O/T
- Up to £26,500 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Company pension
- 40 Hours per week, (Mon-Thur 8-5pm, Fri 8-1pm) + O/T (usually available)
- Holiday allowance
The successful Centre Lather Turner / Multi-Skilled Precision Machinist / Tool Maker day to day duties will include:
- Setting / operating centre lathes, manual vertical / horizontal milling, grinding and boring machines.
- Following written operations or engineering drawings to manufacture precision components to tight tolerances, both in small batches and as 1 offs for jig and fixture production in the required timescales.
- Ensure that the completed component is checked against the specification / drawings.
- Follow machine maintenance schedule, reporting any faults to relevant member of staff.
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Manual Centre Lather Turner / Multi-Skilled Precision Machinist / Tool Maker role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Time served / served apprenticeship in relevant engineering, machining or toolmaker discipline.
- Previously worked in a machine shop manufacturing low volume, high quality instrument type parts or tool making.
- Able to use standard manual measuring devices such as verniers, DTI’s, calipers, micrometers, gauges (plug, screw, ring, thread etc.) gauge blocks and bespoke gauges/fixtures etc.
- Ability to work from written operation instruction or direct from component drawing.
- Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings with a good understanding of geometric and dimensional tolerances.
- Relevant qualifications in manual milling, manual turning, manual machining or toolmaking.
- Good communicational skills, both verbal and written.
The ideal Manual Machinist / Centre Lather Turner / Toolmaker will have the following experience:
- Multi skilled machinist with proven track record of producing high precision components, both in small batches and as 1 offs for jig and fixture production.
- Substantial experience in precision centre lathe turning as well as vertical and horizontal milling.
- Recent experience of centreless grinding, cylindrical grinding, surface grinding and/or jig boring would be desirable.
Key Words: Manual Machinist, Toolmaker, Manual Centre Lathe Turner, Tool Maker, Manual Turner, Manual Miller, Lathe Operator, Milling, Turning, Machining, Grinding, Drilling, Tool Making, Jig Boring, Machine Shop, Aerospace, Automotive, Precision, Northwich, Crewe, Winsford, Middlewich, Cheshire
The successful Multi-Skilled Precision Manual Machinist (Miller / Turner) or Tool maker will need to be flexible as there may be overtime on occasions, self-disciplined to achieve production deadlines as part of a team or unsupervised. With recent manual machining experience in a busy manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be self-disciplined, punctual, conscientious, keen able to use own initiative to efficiently progress work through the section to achieve productivity goals.
If you are interested in Multi-Skilled Precision Manual Machinist (Miller / Turner) or Toolmaker role and have the required experience, please click on the apply now button