GPW are recruiting for my client, who are a multi- faceted waste management and recycling business who are a leader in their field and they require a Skip/ Roll on- Roll off Hook Driver in the Widnes area for an immediate start.
The successful candidate will be working Monday- Friday, 7am- 5pm with potential overtime when available during peak periods.
The salary for this role is £24,000- £28, 000, dependent on experience.
The role requires the undertaking of a skilled activity, in the operation of skip hook wagons. The purpose of this job is to work within the plant Co-ordination Team within our clients recycling and waste team and the main duties of this role will involve the operation of a skip hook wagon and to deliver and remove skips and equipment for the company.
Skip/ Roll on- Roll off Hook Driver role requirements include:
- Experience of working within a skip deliver environment
- Relevant plant operator certification ( Class 2) to drive/ operate a skip hook wagon
- Up to date driver CPD and digital tacho card
- Experience of recording/ downloading journey & work data in line with DVLA/ DVSA regulations
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety at work
- Knowledge of St Helens, Widnes, Warrington, Liverpool, Frodsham, Runcorn
- Operational experience of mobile data services and ICT systems
- Good communication skills at all levels, especially with customers
- Planning and organisational skills to follow processes and procedures
- Consistent level of output and quality, displaying the relevant skills required
- The availability to start work either immediately or at very short notice
Qualifications/ Essential skills required for the Skip/ Roll on- Roll off Hook Driver:
- Full driving licence, including LGV Class 2
- CSCS Card or Equivalent Lorry Loader Qualification, Inc operating a skip hook wagon ( desirable)
- Appreciation of Health & Safety Legislation
- Appreciation of handling vehicles, plant equipment & materials
If you are interested and have the required experience and certifications, please click ‘apply now’ on the link below.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.