GPW are recruiting for Skip/ Roll on- Roll off Hook Driver in the Widnes area for an immediate start.
The successful candidate will be working Monday- Friday, 7am- 5pm with potential overtime when available during peak periods.
The role requires the undertaking of a skilled activity, in the operation of skip hook wagons. The purpose of this job is to work within the plant Co-ordination Team and our clients recycling and waste team and the main duties of this role will involve the operation of a skip hook wagon and to deliver and remove skips and equipment for the company.
Role requirements include:
- Experience of working within a skip deliver environment
- Relevant plant operator certification ( Class 2) to drive/ operate a skip hook wagon
- Up to date driver CPD and digital tacho card.
- Experience of recording/ downloading journey & work data in line with DVLA/ DVSA regulations
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety at work.
- Knowledge of St Helens, Widnes, Warrington, Liverpool, Frodsham, Runcorn
- Operational experience of mobile data services and ICT systems
- Good communication skills at all levels, especially with customers
- Planning and organisational skills to follow processes and procedures
- Consistent level of output and quality, displaying the relevant skills required
- The availability to start work either immediately or at very short notice
Qualifications/ Essential skills required:
- Full driving licence, including LGV Class 2
- A valid driver CPD and digital tacho card.
- CSCS Card or Equivalent Lorry Loader Qualification, inc operating a skip hook wagon ( desirable)
- Appreciation OF Health & Safety Legislation
- Appreciation of handling vehicles, plant equipment & materials
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV over to me asap at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.