My client specialise in construction, refurbishment and reactive & planned maintenance works across various sectors including education, care and leisure.
They have a requirement for a Small Works Manager to join their team working in the North West.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An extensive background of the construction industry
- An understanding of legal documentation
- Good experience within maintenance, new build, refurb & fit out.
- Strong leadership skills
- Business management skills
- The ability to use your initiative
- Good verbal communication skills.
Salry £35k-£38k plus package including company car, mileage, pension & healthcare
Your general day to day duties will include:
- Meeting with clients to find out their requirements
- Managing construction schedules and budgets
- Dealing with any costs that are not expected
- Attending site meetings to monitor progress
- Acting as the main point of contact for clients, site and project managers
- Ensuring that everyone understands their roles and responsibilities
- Making sure construction projects meet agreed technical standards
- Preparing tenders for clients and commercial bids to help bring in new business
- Producing plans and estimating budgets and timescales
- Discussing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating the terms of business contracts
- Agreeing budgets and timescales with the clients
- Overseeing invoicing at the end of a project
- Working on-site and in an office