https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Software Developer to work on a permanent basis in the Ormskirk area.
Salary is c£30-35,000 per annum
THE ROLE As a Software Developer you will be a key member of our Group R&D Software Team, working in an agile environment on the development, roll-out and support of ‘Sequoia’: the the cilent standard Manufacturing Information System. The vacancy is based at our European Technical Centre at Lathom, Lancashire with opportunities for occasional global travel for short periods of time.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing applications from start to finish, including coding, testing, debugging, documenting and installing applications
- Taking ownership when developing new features, from design to delivery across all levels of the technology stack
- ‘hack time’ – investigating new cutting edge technologies, expanding knowledge and prototyping new ideas and features for side-projects
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Ideally, applicants will be qualified to first degree level in a relevant subject with strong software development skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Someone who enjoys solving problems in a logical way
- Someone who’s innovative and a great team player
- Attention to detail, resilience and determination Technical (2+ Years):
- Committed to producing good clean quality code (SOLID, Clean Code, KISS etc)
Alongside the above, it would also be advantageous to have knowledge of:
- Front-end technologies (CSS/Bootstrap/LESS/SASS/ Angular etc.)
- Testing frameworks and tools (MSTest/NUnit/Jasmine)
- Source Control (e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN)
- CI & CD/Automation (e.g. Team City & Octopus Deploy)
Above all, we want candidates to be passionate about technology, to be working on their own projects and to be up for learning new things every day.
If the Software Developer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!