https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Our client is a world class, successful and expanding manufacturing business
As the Software Engineer, your main responsibility is to write Windows application software for the test and configuration of a wide range of electronics products. Ideally you’ll have experience in software development within an industrial, manufacturing or production environment
- The ability to write and debug software applications in VB.Net and C#.
- 1st and 2nd line production support to resolve ‘line-stoppers’
- Software validation testing to demonstrate that requirements meet specifications
- Complete all relevant documentation to the required standards.
- Data generation for auditing and Statistical Process Control purposes.
- Write data analysis software.
- Provide training for software users
- Accurate assessment of project timescales for software completion to specification
- The ability to highlight software risks early on in a project.
- To contribute to the project team in a concise, informed and professional manner.
- To provide creative input on all aspects of software design.
- To maintain version records for tracking software changes on each product.
Specific job requirements:
- HNC / Diploma / Degree qualified in science / engineering
- Experience with VB.Net and C# within Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with Microsoft Windows XP / 7 / 8.1 / 10
- Communication protocols such as RS232 and USB
- XML / XSLT
- Database knowledge (SQL)
- Appreciation of constraints / requirements of software and electronics.
To succeed in this role you’ll need to have:
- A flexible approach to demands, deadlines, project direction.
- Creative and innovative approach to design.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop relationship with customers and colleagues.
- Accurate administration and data recording skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good personal presentation and communication skills.
- Motivation with an ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and networking protocols / systems
- Good project planning skills are desirable
- A valid passport – Foreign travel will be required to support test engineering activities
- Salary to £40,000 pa
- 37 Hour working week – with a 1 p.m. finish
To apply for the role of Software Engineer please click ‘Apply Now’