We’re looking for a talented Software & Instrumentation Development Engineer to work for our client.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
As the Software & Instrumentation Development Engineer you will be primarily responsible for carrying out research and development, Business Support and manufacturing improvement activities in support of the company and license e operations worldwide. You will also provide instrumentation and software solutions to the manufacturing operations for measurement Quality Control and process control purposes.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
– Delivering new instrumentation solutions to the manufacturing operations
– Providing software design expertise in the provision of new systems and instrumentation
– Helping in the evaluation of commercially available systems
– Providing technical support to our global manufacturing operations for existing instrumentation and during installation, commissioning, and performance verification of new equipment
The position will also involve the complete system development lifecycle including requirements capture, design, software application development, system commissioning and testing. Training in these areas will be given where appropriate.
The standard working hours for this position are 37½ hours per week, Monday – Friday.
The ideal candidate for this Software & Instrumentation Development Engineer role will have relevant experience of programming and maintaining MS SQL Server relational databases.
You’ll also need experience of object oriented design techniques and should use a clear, structured, and methodical approach to engineering software.
In addition, you’ll need the following:
– a degree in science/engineering related subject
– to be a motivated, enthusiastic, well organised individual with good team working, communication, and interpersonal skills
– strong software skills including knowledge of Microsoft visual studio and c#.Net
– the ability to develop mathematical code for image processing purposes would be a distinct advantage
A full UK driving licence and car ownership would be an advantage due to limited public transport to the site.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
Basic salary: Up to £50,000 per annum
– 25 days holiday
– Holiday salary exchange scheme
– Private healthcare plan
– Pension with employer contribution
– Management car subsidy scheme
– Bonus scheme
– Free on-site car parking
– On-site canteen
– On site fitness activities and events