We’re looking for a talented Stores Team Leader to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of a relevant position, with 2-3 years of experience.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
As the Stores Team Leader you’ll report to the Stores and Despatch Manager and will be primarily responsible for ensuring all receipts and shipments made into and out of the company are accurate. Supporting the stores and Despatch Manager in all duties across two factories.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
– Ensuring that health, safety and quality standards are complied with, including claw regulations and specific duties under them.
– The safety and security of all stock on site. Controlling access to the stores area as necessary.
– Ensuring effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management, including space allocation.
– Producing all shipping documentation using the relevant systems to ensure goods are transferred to couriers in accordance with current UK export compliance and UK domestic shipping laws and regulations.
– The maintenance of adequate and appropriate stock levels of all site consumables and packing materials required.
– Ensuring that all goods are packed securely and safely ready for despatch. Ensure all paperwork is correct, including advice notes, and any special instructions etc., prior to despatch.
– General stores duties – picking/packing, creation of despatch/advice notes and ensuring all are in order on a daily basis.
– The participation in weekly, monthly and annual stocktakes.
– Any other duties commensurate with the position.
The standard working hours for this position are 8.30am – 5pm Mondays – Thursday, Fridays 8.30am – 12.30pm. Flexibility around these core hours will occasionally be required.
The ideal candidate for this Stores Team Leader role will have relevant experience of a relevant position, with 2-3 years of experience. It is essential that you hold a current/valid counterbalance and reach FLT licence.
You’ll also need experience of:
– Supervisory roles.
– Working to tight deadlines.
– Stock management systems and databases.
– The use of production machinery and power tools.
– Ensuring Team Member adherence to company policies including holiday, sickness absence and timekeeping in conjunction with stores and Despatch Manager and to ably cover in times of manager absence from the business.
In addition, you’ll need the following:
– 5 GCSEs or equivalent of grade C or above including Maths & English.
– Computer literacy to an intermediate level (Microsoft office/excel).
– A NVQ in warehouse management or similar qualification.
– Excellent organisation/time management/communication skills.
– Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Manager or as a Stores Manager.
Basic salary: £12.82 per hour
– 4 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
– Contributory pension scheme
– Free car parking
The business you’ll be working for is a pan-European group of manufacturing and engineering businesses, serving a global customer base with specialised metal products. Our client is the UK’s leading supplier of lead products to the nuclear, defence, healthcare, construction, industrial and research markets.
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Stores Team Leader role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.