https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Stores Person / Goods In with recent stores experience and good administration / IT skills needed ASAP for a permanent role in Knutsford Area. This role attracts a salary of £17,000 – £19,500 (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 40 hours (Mon – Fri) and the working pattern is 8.00am – 4.30pm with possible overtime.
Salary & Benefits:-
- £17,000 – £19,500 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 20 days holiday plus bank hols – increasing 1 day a year to a max of 25 days plus bank hols
- Company Pension Plan
- 30 minutes lunch, 2 x 15 minute breaks.
- Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
- 1.5x for Midweek and weekend O/T
The successful Goods In / Storesperson day to day duties will include:
- Carry out inspections of purchased goods and manufactured equipment ensuring that they meet the required specification and report any anomalies to the Stores Team Leader.
- Book manufactured equipment and purchased goods into stock using bespoke software system.
- Maintain accurate stock levels on a daily basis and reporting any issues of low stock.
- Ensure that all items are stored safely and appropriately on the day of receipt.
- Issue works items, stock and consumable items to staff as appropriate master jobs and sub-assemblies using bespoke software system.
- Comply with company H&S guidelines and maintaining a tidy environment.
- If appropriately trained, operate FLT
- Provide cover for cutting room and spares as and when required.
To be suitable for this Goods In / Storesperson role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with all logistics practices and handling methods.
- Must be PC literate in MS Word, Excel, familiar with database management and report generation.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with colleagues and client
- Logical approach to problem solving, be self-confident and be able to work well within a team.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
To be more suitable for this Goods In / Stores Assistant role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Previous experience of being employed in a Stores Person / Goods In role for a production, manufacturing or engineering company.
- Experience of operating band saws / cutting machinery to cut steel plate.
- Full UK driving licence – ideally clean.
- FLT C/B Licence.
- Good knowledge of mechanical and or electrical equipment.
Key words: Logistics, Administration, Stores Co-ordinator, Stock Controller, Stores person, FLT, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Inspection, Engineering, Goods In / Out, Warehouse Operative, MRP, Knutsford, Warrington, Altrincham, Northwich, Cheshire
The successful Goods In / Storesperson will need to be flexible as you may be required to work at other sites and there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply please click on the apply now button if you meet the key requirements of Goods In / Storesperson role.