https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitment have a requirement for a Stores Person on a full time basis in Stone.
Working Hours – Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm (40 hours per week)
Approximate time spent away from Client’s Office – This role is predominantly based in the office. Visits to client premises/sites will be infrequent but could involve overnight stays.
This position reports to: Stores Lead/Operations Director
- Responsible for the control of the Stores area including the correct receipt, dispatch and storage of all materials.
- Receiving and checking all goods inwards.
- Processing dispatch notes and arranging collection.
- Correctly storing material and monitoring stock levels.
- Assisting in the transfer of material into the Production assembly area.
- System, material transfers, allocations and kit marshalling.
- Adherence to goods inward quality checks.
- Assisting with delivery of finished products to the client.
- Communication with the Production Manager & Procurement team to assist with the smooth running of the department.
- Compliance with Health & Safety regulations plus client rules and regulations at all times.
- Conduct quarterly stock checks in line with SOX procedures.
- Take a leading role in the development of SAP within the stores operation.
- Pick, pack, ship.
- The recording, analysis and reporting of departmental statistics, including number of visits to Stores, turnaround time of materials etc.
- Assist with the Facilities Management with any site-related issues.
- Perform any ad-hoc duties within your skill-set as directed by your line manager.
- Attend relevant courses in order to broaden your knowledge and skill-set.
- Train co-workers on SAP operations.
- Cover for Co- workers in periods of absence.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in an industrial / Engineering Stores environment.
- SAP Conversant.
- Current Counterbalance Forklift Licence.
- Proficient PC and Microsoft Office user, particularly the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Good team working skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical components.
- Current Flexi-truck Licence.
- Full, clean driving Licence (maximum of 3 penalty points)
- Experience of operating and implementing an SAP system.
Over the past 30 years, our client has grown to become one of the UK’s largest independent system integration organisations handling various contracts ranging in value. From its inception, determined to provide the reference standard in quality, accuracy, safety and durability for products and services.
For more information, please contact Jordan on 01744 452035 or firstname.lastname@example.org