http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW are working exclusively with a specialist, world class leading manufacturer to recruit a Strategic Procurement Manager. This is purely a strategic role, as the Strategic Procurement Manager your key focus is to seek out international alternative supplier routes, providing an innovative approach to reducing costs. This isn’t your typical Procurement Manager role managing inventory, deliveries and suppliers it’s an outward looking, strategic role.
Your key function is to develop long term plans ensuring timely supply of goods and service that are critical to the organisations ability to meet its core business objectives.
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies and prevailing business regulations.
- Developing sourcing strategies for all categories of spend.
- Ensuring best practice procurement across numerous internal departments
- Working closely and in a detailed manner with Innovation and Engineering to ensure channels of supply are at the lowest total cost, not just the lowest purchase price.
- Managing the supply base and ensuring it is in-line with long-term vision, objectives and can provide the innovation and flexibility which customers demand.
- Production of the annual Purchasing Plan.
- Achieving the lowest cost of acquisition across multiple suppliers, categories of spend and locations.
- Ensuring value added collaboration between departments, sites and business areas within the business.
- Ensuring that Terms and Conditions of Purchase are used in all contracts for supply and that these are updated to reflect legal and company requirements.
- Co-ordinating and monitoring the maintenance or improvement in Terms of Payment in line with ongoing business requirements.
- Establishing Contracts of Supply and Pricing Agreements where applicable for significant suppliers.
- Maintaining all relevant cost and lead time information required for all major business processes.
- Directing the sourcing and evaluation of new suppliers where required and as part of the continuous improvement philosophy.
- Providing the UK Group Finance Director with performance reports as and when required whilst maintaining departmental metrics.
- Attending all company meetings requiring senior procurement input within all categories of spend
- Chairing Key Supplier Meetings where applicable and maintaining the supplier development strategy
- Compiling and communicating all month and quarter-end KPIs to senior management.
- Establishing training and development needs for the wider procurement community.
- Leading all key negotiations.
- Formulating Capex strategy and a robust competitive environment for all existing and new suppliers.
- Acting as a key gatekeeper for requests for new suppliers.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Communicate and present effectively to all levels of the business.
- Be a champion for procurement and related processes.
- Leverage group spends and achieve the lowest Total Acquisition Cost.
- Develop and guide suppliers towards providing added value processes, products and services.
- Negotiate suppliers, on your own or as part of a team.
- Experience of using an ERP system; knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic 365 would be advantageous .
- Degree level in a business, engineering or an equivalent discipline preferred.
- Certification in CIPS
- Direct experience within a Procurement environment, preferably in a supervisory role.
- Working with numbers, large quantities of data and at times, with high levels of technical detail.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Managing team-based problem solving.
- Chairmanship and presentation-based environments.
- Complex and significant negotiations.
- Leading across multiple functions and coordinating projects towards project development.
A salary of around £50,000 pa depending on experience, plus benefits is on offer. To apply for the role of Strategic Procurement Manager please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.