https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently recruiting for a Structural CAD Technician to be based in Edinburgh on a permanent basis working for a leading environmental and engineering consultancy.
he work will be primarily office-based and will cover a variety of projects including small-scale alterations, demolition and large scale new-build in traditional materials including masonry, timber, steel and concrete. These services will be provided for our client’s residential, educational, health, commercial, retail, industrial and distribution schemes.
The main duties of the position would include, but are not limited to:
- Being a member of a team responsible for the delivery of a wide range of development projects.
- Assisting with the preparation and understanding of structural engineering drawings at all stages including concept, tender and construction.
- Working with engineers to translate and outline engineering proposals to detailed design drawings, understanding the relationship between the project disciplines.
- Creating and developing structural drawings in AutoCAD and 3D models on REVIT software. (REVIT experience is preferred as training can be provided)
- Reinforced concrete detailing and scheduling.
- Managing the delivery of individual tasks or activities to programme and budget.
- Taking part in key project control procedures such as drawing issues and registrations.
- Membership of the Firm’s Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer’s contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm’s Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.