http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
As the Technical Engineer for this world leading and rapidly expanding manufacturer you will report to the Technical Manager and be responsible for carrying out analysis and testing coupled with the compilation of relevant documentation in the validation of system, product and material performance in support of the design and development activities aimed at satisfying customer requirements for the design of aircraft equipment.
As the Technical Engineer you should have an aerospace background or similar suitable engineering training with an emphasis on; analytical subjects, testing and project management skills. Understanding of composite materials, aerospace test methods and test standards is essential. Knowledge of analysis, material properties and research techniques would be preferred but training will be given in this area.
- Satisfactory completion and certification of all analysis and performance validation work in accordance with the work specification
- To ensure that company procedures and standards are adhered to when carrying out development and performance validation work
- To ensure the quality of workmanship of the workforce for which they are responsible is acceptable to the organisation, customer and the appropriate Aviation Authority
- Technically capable with the ability to communicate with all parties the verification and validation of design solutions.
- The ability to conduct and champion improvements to existing designs by the introduction of new techniques, materials and/or products.
- A good understanding of mechanical assembly processes in a manual work environment.
- Well-developed IT skills essential including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. The use of Flow Analysis packages will be an ongoing requirement.
- The ability to cope with tasks such as assessing customer, organisation and regulatory requirements and giving presentations.
On offer is a salary commensurate with experience combined with an excellent pension and comprehensive benefits package. To apply for the role of Technical Engineer please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.