We’re looking for a talented Technical Estimator to work for our client. They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of an estimating role, with 2-3 years of experience.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
Reporting to the Commercial Director and based in the company’s Chester office, as the Technical Estimator you will be primarily responsible for liaising with customers and clearly define their requirements. From this a detailed cost analysis for the delivery of the customer requirement will be calculated. Once costs are defined, the Technical Estimator will liaise with sales to determine a high value quotation for the contract package. A formal quotation will then be prepared for presentation to the customers. Upon securing an order by sales, the Technical Estimator will prepare the relevant documents to share and discuss with internal customers and suppliers to start the process of delivering the customer order.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
– Producing costing for all labour and parts for the customer requirement.
– Liaising with sales to determine a selling price.
– Submitting quotation to the client.
– Overseeing procurement of materials and prepare internal documentation once customer order is received and issue for manufacture.
– Controlling contract review and pre-production meetings.
– Monitoring job progress through liaison with all departments and provide status updates to management and the client.
– Monitoring actual costs against estimated costs.
The standard working hours for this position are 8.30am – 5pm Mondays – Thursday, Fridays 8.30am – 12.30pm. Flexibility around these core hours will occasionally be required.
The ideal candidate for this Technical Estimator role will have relevant experience in an estimating role, with 2-3 years of experience.
You’ll also need experience of working to tight budgets and time restraints as well as interpreting engineering and construction drawings.
In addition, you’ll need the following:
– A construction, manufacturing, or engineering qualification.
– Computer literacy, experienced in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– An entrepreneurial approach.
– Resiliency, with the tenacity to get the job done.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Cost Engineer, Cost Estimator, and Mechanical Estimator or as a Manufacturing Estimator.
Basic salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum
– Contributory pension scheme
– Company sick pay scheme
– Healthcare cash plan
– Cycle to work scheme
The business you’ll be working for is a pan-European group of manufacturing and engineering businesses, serving a global customer base with specialised metal products. Our client is the UK’s leading supplier of lead products to the nuclear, defence, healthcare, construction, industrial and research markets.
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Technical Estimator role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.