We’re looking for a talented Technical Expert Dimensional Engineer to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of dimensional calibration.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
An excellent salary is on offer for the Technical Expert Dimensional Engineer position.
You’ll also get the following benefits with the role:
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday including bank holidays
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Company sick pay
- Company perks
- Occasional O/T
Full details of the package on offer will be revealed once we receive your application.
As the Technical Expert Dimensional Engineer you will be primarily responsible for ensuring that calibration is performed in accordance with the requirements of ISO 17025 and other required standards in all laboratories, developing and harmonising procedures and uncertainty budgets to support these activities.
Joining our clients team as a Technical Expert Dimensional Engineer, you will be part of the UK technical team, assisting the UK Technical Manager and other team members to maintain and improve our dimensional calibration capability and UKAS accreditation throughout the UK from a know how perspective.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
- Being the technical authority and key point of contact for all dimensional calibration activities and enquiries
- Reviewing our technical capabilities in the UK to ensure that we maximize our accuracy, capability and efficiency for the benefit of the customer and the UK business
- Developing and maintaining both automated and manual calibration test procedures and result recording capabilities across the business in line with customer, OEM and UKAS requirements
- Assisting with lab by lab assessments to understand, recommend and implement improvements in automation and technique, identifying the cost implications/benefits and associated project timescales
- Providing support to laboratory, branch and Technical Managers to ensure compliance to UKAS requirements, including maintenance of procedures, budgets and uncertainties and resolution of improvement actions
- Visiting all UK laboratories upon request or at least once annually to understand any technical issues which the laboratory or Branch Managers may have and assist them in the creation of action plans and solutions to resolve
- The provision of reports and analysis on all technical matters for the UK Technical Manager as well as the UK General Manager and exec committee
- Providing training in technical related activities as may be appropriate
- Providing advice and guidance to the support function staff in responding to technical queries when required
The ideal candidate for this Technical Expert Dimensional Engineer role will have relevant experience of dimensional calibration.
You’ll also need experience of:
- A senior role within an accredited dimensional laboratory as Head of Lab, Lab Manager, Operations Manager, assessor etc
- Understanding and delivering to targets is essential
- Interacting effectively and cooperatively with all internal departments and the management team
- Operating independently in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
In addition, you’ll need the following:
- UKAS signatory in multiple dimensional parameters
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with verbal, written persuasion and presentation skills, and be detail orientated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment
- An energetic, dynamic, positive, enthusiastic and laterally thinking outlook
- The ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- The willingness to learn, improve and adapt
- Strong computer skills and competency in basic MS Office applications – Outlook, Excel and Word in particular
You’ll also need to be willing to travel across the UK on a regular basis and internationally on an occasional basis.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Dimensional Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or as a Technical Engineer.
The company are a global leader in their field who work continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Technical Expert Dimensional Engineer role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.