https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Technical Operator to work on a permanent basis in the Skelmersdale area.
Our client is looking for someone to work on 12 hour shifts covering days and nights. The role will be working 4 days on, 6 days off.
Salary is c£33-36,000 per annum plus company bonus, good pension, subsidised canteen etc.
Responsible for the safe operation, maintenance, improvement and repair of production machinery, manufacturing tissue products according to fixed specifications and standard operating procedures. As a member of the shift team, the Operator / Technician is responsible for the overall performance of the machine. 2. Main accountabilities and responsibilities
* Work within the company safety standards with responsibility for others also.
* Run the machine and watch the process and where necessary, adjust according to the company Continuous Improvement Systems.
* Participate in direction setting meetings / discussions.
* Carry out machine repairs (within limits).
* Lead product change-overs, maintenance and other technical activities and organise support from the Technical Department when necessary.
* Order and prepare raw materials and install them on the machine in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
* Maintain adequate communication with previous and next shift colleagues as well as other colleagues involved with machine performance.
* Secure the quality level of the products by regular checking against the product specification, rejecting and blocking where necessary.
* Maintain optimal housekeeping conditions always.
* Complete all required documentation and data files during production.
Strong mechanical and/or electrical technical capability.
* Previous experience in a similar role within an FMCG or fast paced manufacturing environment.
* Good problem solving, planning and organisations skills.
* Knowledge of engineering principles including pneumatics, hydraulics, machine set up and lock out/tag out will be key.
If the Technical Operator/Maintenance Technician role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca Shaw at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!