https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Technical Operator to work on a permanent basis in the Blackburn area.
Our client is looking for someone to work on 12 hour shifts covering days and nights. The role will be working 4 days on, 4 days off.
Salary is c£35,000 per annum
Responsible for the safe operation, maintenance, improvement and repair of production machinery, manufacturing products according to fixed specifications and standard operating procedures. As a member of the shift team, the Operator / Technician is responsible for the overall performance of the machine.
2. Main accountabilities and responsibilities
* Work within the company safety standards with responsibility for others also.
* Run the machine and watch the process and where necessary, adjust according to the company Continuous Improvement Systems.
* Participate in direction setting meetings / discussions.
* Carry out machine repairs (within limits).
* Lead product change-overs, maintenance and other technical activities and organise support from the Technical Department when necessary.
* Order and prepare raw materials and install them on the machine in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
* Maintain adequate communication with previous and next shift colleagues as well as other colleagues involved with machine performance.
* Secure the quality level of the products by regular checking against the product specification, rejecting and blocking where necessary.
* Maintain optimal housekeeping conditions always.
* Complete all required documentation and data files during production.
Strong mechanical and/or electrical technical capability.
* Previous experience in a similar role within an FMCG or fast paced manufacturing environment.
* Good problem solving, planning and organisations skills.
* Knowledge of engineering principles including pneumatics, hydraulics, machine set up and lock out/tag out will be key.
If the Technical Operator/Maintenance Technician role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca Shaw at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!