http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Do you have hands on experience from a previous maintenance or engineering role?
Do you have experience or working within a fast-paced SME manufacturing environment?
Are you a team player with excellent organisational skills, a can-do attitude and an appreciation of health and safety issues? If so, then this could be the role for you.
As a Technical Process Operator, you will be responsible for supporting both the production and technical functions of this business.
You will undertake a range of processing operations to ensure that the production lines run efficiently, in addition you will play an active role in the preservation of all plant equipment, through fault finding activities, basic maintenance and engineering activities to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the plant.
Working to the highest standards in health and safety, quality, housekeeping, and production, whilst looking for opportunities to improve operational performance.
Duties include but are not limited to.
- Safety, Health and Environmental
- Adhering to safety procedures at all times
- Being aware of all safety devices on the machine and safe way of working
- Completing near miss and accident reports
- Running plastic extrusion production lines
- Ensuring machines are running to the correct / optimised parameters
- Conducting effective handovers to the next shift
- Continuous Improvement
- Assisting with training of new operators and passing on relevant knowledge
- Involvement in product trials/projects
- Report machinery faults, processing limitations and improvement ideas
- Mechanical Troubleshooting/ problem solving- timely corrective action or escalation to Engineering team
- Carry out routine maintenance of plant machinery in line with the planned preventative maintenance programme.
- Assist Engineering with breakdowns where appropriate
- Focus on continuous improvement of the lines/machines to improve productivity, quality& reduce time, and cost.
To succeed in the Technical Process Operator role you will need
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar (Essential)
- Experience in plastic, plastic extrusion, injection moulding or blown film
- World class manufacturing tools such as Lean Manufacturing 5S, Kaizen, 5W1H or similar (desirable)
Key to this role is a willingness to learn and undertake further training and development activities to expand your technical knowledge. The ability to problem solve, think logically, and produce results. You’ll need excellent communication and collaborative skills and want to make a difference.
Please note the role will involve shift work, salary based on experience.
To apply for the role of Technical Process Operator please click apply now.