Technical Sales Administrator required for a permanent role in the Knutsford, WA16 area. Salary is c£21,000 (dependent on experience and quals) + benefits (see below). The working week is 37.5 hrs (Mon – Fri, 8am – 4:30pm).
This a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic candidate who is looking to develop their skills further to join a family company going through an exciting period of growth, change and development. The successful candidate will be a competent technical sales administrator ideally with a couple of years’ experience who is ambitious to learn further skills in marketing, sales and lead generation in the future.
Salary & Benefits:
- £20,000 – £22,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 20 days hol plus b/hols – increasing 1 day per year to max of 25 days plus b/hols
- Company pension
- Yearly Bonus (Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary)
- Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
Job Purpose: Reporting to Sales Manager, this is a challenging role for an experienced technical sales administrator working within a busy engineering sales environment. The job involves providing support to the Commercial Director and the Technical Sales Engineers.
Day to day duties of the successful Technical Sales Administrator include:
- Deal with telephone sales enquiries, taking the caller’s details and basic requirements. Provide some information to the caller and pass on accurate details to the appropriate Sales Engineer or the Sales Manager
- Ensure customer files (manual and electronic) in the sales office are maintained in an orderly manner and that paperwork is filed regularly and efficiently, ensuring appropriate documents are archived or shredded as necessary
- Ensure sufficient stationery stock levels are maintained within the sales office.
- Book flights and accommodation, when required on-line and over the phone.
- Set up new customer accounts on the internal computer system and liaise with the accounts department.
- Using standard document templates prepare sales quotations and letters for customers.
- Ensure that all documentation complies with the corporate style and presentation standards.
- Use audio tape for the preparation of non-standard letters and quotations and take dictation over the phone from the sales team.
- Enter sales and hire orders correctly onto the ERP system ensuring that all information required is available.
- Ensure information for orders is complete, checked and passed to appropriate departments.
- Calculate price to purchase figures and access NBV figures from ERP system.
- Make appropriate arrangements for customer visits to PA including provision of refreshments and room bookings.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Assist customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions.
- Use computer based calendars to manage all team meetings.
- Adhere to company standards of dress and personal appearance at all times.
- Provide relief cover for Reception.
- Update machinery and tooling specification templates when necessary
- Maintain the sales order book, sales orders file and hire spreadsheets weekly.
- Maintain the sales pipeline report in the Salesforce CRM system by liaising with the Sales Engineers weekly to update the open opportunities with close dates and other standard information.
- Provide support for the monthly management and directors’ meetings including distribution of the agenda and preparation of refreshments.
To be suitable for this Sales Administrator role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Qualified to GCSE standard including Maths and English at grade C or higher.
- Recent Technical / Manufacturing / Engineering Administrational experience.
- Audio Tape / Dictation experience.
- Confident telephone manner with recent experience of liaising with commercial customers via telephone and email.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Organised, methodical and attentive to detail.
- Sociable / outgoing, self-motivated, able to overcome objections, resilient and ability to influence.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM & ERP software.
The ideal Sales Administrator will have the following skills / experience:
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering components.
- Outbound telesales, telemarketing or cold calling experience for a manufacturing or engineering company.
Key words: Administrator, Technical Sales, Customer Services, Administration, Clerical, Telesales, CRM, ERP, MS Office, Telemarketing, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Business Development, Developing Business, Perm, F/T Knutsford, Warrington
The successful Technical Sales Administrator be organised, attentive, resilient, an excellent communicator and demonstrate a degree of flexibility.
If you are interested in Technical Sales Administrator role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.