Experienced Technical Sales Manager required in a newly created role for a successful and long established manufacturer of specialist organic and inorganic products.
As the Technical Sales Manager you’ll need a proven track record in sales, export and customer support combined with the ability to lead, mentor and inspire a small sales team. A quality focussed, driven approach to work is also very important with the ability to manage the department efficiently to provide day to day sales support to customers and also internally.
As the Technical Sales Manager you will work closely with other departments on site in providing support and expertise across the business units, with particular emphasis on satisfying the demands and needs of customers and in addition, creating added value. Reporting to the Operations Director you will be expected to manage the department to meet and exceed satisfactory levels of customer service.
With a recently new, commercialised and exciting product range, they are looking for a technical individual to not only service and grow the existing customer base across the business, but to also identify, pursue and secure new clients for these particular products. This is a unique situation and one with which the right candidate can make a real difference to the business.
Main duties as the Technical Sales Manager will include, although not limited to:
- Provide clear and consistent leadership of the sales department.
- Deal with customer queries from the UK and abroad.
- Identify, communicate with and secure new business opportunities.
- Production of applicable documentation for export – Bills of Lading, letters of credit etc as necessary.
- Respond to requests for products, availability, lead times and prices as well as delivery dates.
- Ensure that business targets are met.
- Manage electronic and paper filing systems.
- Assist additional departments on site by taking incoming calls as necessary.
- Use a range of office software including email, spreadsheets and databases to ensure the efficient running of the office.
To be considered for the Technical Sales Manager role, you will ideally have the following experience, skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Have a background in sales of chemicals and technical products.
- Proven track record in sales management and administration.
- Freight forwarding knowledge – familiarisation with Incoterms, FOB, LCL etc
- Air, sea and road freight experience.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work within a team in a busy office environment.
- Driven, with the tenacity to get the job done.
- Strong integrity.
- Confident, professional with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be self-motivated and able to be innovate.
The standard working hours are 37.5 per week, on offer is a salary to £38,000 pa + Bonus + Private Health Scheme.
To apply for the role of Technical Sales Manager please click apply now.