Job title: Technical Sales Manager CHP and Generator Solutions
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £65,000 pa + car allowance + uncapped bonus, + great benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning business specialising in the design, manufacture and operation of combined heat and power (CHP) units and power generation systems.
As partners to a select number of world-class OEM organisations, operating a range of engines and energy systems they aim to recruit only the very best individuals managers to join their busy and growing team.
As the Technical Sales Manager CHP and Generator Solutions, you will sell an entire solution, not just a product, you’ll need to be from a CHP background.
Your role will involve:
- Grow and develop CHP and Generator sales through a technical understanding, know-how and competence in delivering technically diverse led sales solutions.
- Responsible for delivering CHP and generator solutions, you will be required to proactively develop sales growth with support from internal technical teams from across the business to ensure sustainable sales targets are met.
- Identify tender opportunities for EPC and turnkey requirement in the following areas but not limited to food and beverage data services, chemical and petroleum
- Develop and implement an effective sales strategy in collaboration with the Marketing team, driving sustainable financial growth, whilst forging positive long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Promote the business at trade shows online events and represent the business
- Responsible for the identification of new business opportunities that requires additional technical review and integration further into the appliance operation than the traditional supply of a packaged container
- Managing complex offers across various sectors within industrial, commercial, healthcare local and central government and other private sectors that have a need for our solutions.
- The ability to quickly identify and understand our customer’s needs, particularly when utilising clients onsite waste and fuel as well as articulating and creating the conditions to secure CHP/generator product sales
- A thorough understanding of the CHP, renewable and power generation markets whilst also identifying future market energy/environmental trends and opportunities led by legislation or energy diversification.
- With support from internal sales and finance team, undertake the financial and environmental business case studies to understand the CHP and generator costs and value contribution/benefits for all stakeholders.
- Measure and report on sales KPI’s to key internal stakeholders
- Provide realistic project appraisals and aftersales support when required both internally and with customers.
- The position will require UK and from time-to-time international travel, sometimes at short notice, as and when required in line with needs of the business
- Daily utilisation and maintenance of the CRM sales tool as part of sale enquiry lead management.
As the Technical Sales Manager CHP and Generator Solutions, you will need the following skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in selling complex integrated CHP systems in a range of applications
- An understanding of construction related projects including the mechanical and electrical (415v/11kv) integration of power generation equipment including DNO requirements.
- Commercially aware with an understanding of the contractual negotiations with experience in delivering JCT, MF/1 alongside a commercial team
- A thorough understanding and experience within the power generation and CHP markets with a clear understanding of the renewable, environmental and energy markets
- The skillset to generate leads, pro-actively search for new opportunities and nurture potential growth.
- A track record of demonstrable successful negotiation of complex and technical CHP opportunities
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Good knowledge of MS office and general computer skills.
As the Technical Sales Manager CHP and Generator Solutions, you’ll need the following attributes:
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- A confident communicator with peers, engineers, finance stakeholders and at Director level.
- A proactive individual who can quickly identify and develop an entrepreneurial approach.
- Excellent listening skills whilst managing and dealing with complex, challenging and potentially problematic situations.
- The role requires strong initiative and creative skills in nurturing and converting business leads and opportunities.
- Financial and commercial acumen is essential to support the development of new sales.
- The ability and experience of working on multiple tenders and projects as priorities develop.
As the Technical Sales Manager CHP and Generator Solutions you’ll receive the following benefits
- Salary £65,000 per annum plus generous car allowance
- Uncapped Bonus
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Company pension.
- Life assurance.
- Income protection.
- Private Healthcare
- Full training program and career development.
- Career progression.
- Access to Perkbox and Employee Assistance Programme.
To apply for the Technical Sales Manager CHP and Generator Solutions please click apply now