https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Technical Support Specialist / Engineer (Composites / Materials) required to join a global company in the Oldham / Ashton-under-Lyne, East Manchester area. Salary is negotiable, plus excellent benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications) working circa 38 hours / week (Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5pm, possible flexibility). This is a fantastic opportunity, with security and long term career prospects.
- Negotiable Salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday + bank hols
- Company pension scheme
- Possible overtime
- Profit related bonus (paid monthly)
Job Objective: Reporting to the Group Technical Manager, the role is to provide a reliable and trustworthy Technical service to our Customers, Distributors, Sales teams and internal teams.
The successful Composites Materials Engineer / Technical Support Specialist day to day duties will include:
- Technical Services Engineer will have technical expertise to provide;
- Product data, product selection advice, best practice application and process techniques.
- New product Development
- New supplier Qualification testing
- Assisting the resolution of Quality related product investigations, with workshop testing (Laboratory where required) and report writing.
- Customer, Distributor, CSR and Account Manager Technical Support – ensure continuous availability of technical advice to customers on Technical aspects of recommended use of group materials. Including more complex requests for advice and research solutions within the Technical group and respond to the customer.
- Delivery of technical presentations, demonstrations and training sessions as required. Responsible for preparation and delivery of presentations, demonstrations and training sessions.
- New Product Development work in cooperation with group Purchasing Teams and Technical Teams.
- Assisting with production of product demonstrations for marketing materials such as brochures, presentations and videos.
- Aiding preparing for Exhibitions with product demonstrations
To be suitable for this Technical Service Engineer (Composites / Materials) role it is essential that you have the following experience and skills:
- Qualified to Degree level in materials or engineering or related equivalent work experience.
- Experience of working with Advanced Composites Materials & Processes is essential.
- Technical knowledge and practical skills for Autoclave processing and resin infusion would be advantageous.
- Candidate must be able and willing to travel to visit and work with customers’ onsite.
- Excellent communicational skills (Oral, Reading & Writing).
- Able to work under pressure, excellent problem solving skills and a logical thought process.
- High standard of PC Literacy
- Possess full UK driving licence.
Key Words: Composites, Materials, Engineer, Technical, Specialist, Support, Service, Degree, BEng, HND, Graduate, Manufacturing, Production, Process, Autoclave Processing, Resin Infusion, Vacuum Technology, Oldham, Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, Travel
The successful Composites Materials Engineer / Technical Support Specialist will need to be flexible as there will be a requirement to work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description.
You will also have the relevant qualifications and experience, be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, well organised, analytical, logical, able to communicate at all levels, work alone and also as part of a team and willing to travel.
If you are interested Technical Support Specialist / Engineer (Composites / Materials) role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button