http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
- Are you an experienced Tekla Detailer? My client is looking for a Tekla Detailer to join their expanding team in the Harrow area. The company is in need of new staff due to the increase in work load.
- Design review meeting with project managers to review the specification, tender drawings, site surveys and connection calculations.
- Raise RFIs following the review meeting and the initial modelling for any design discrepancies, clashes or missing information to the responsible parties involved and maintain the RFI register.
- Track correspondence with client’s structural engineer and project managers and file on system.
- Keep track of all the variations and maintain the variation record sheets with supporting evidence and data for the commercial team to access.
- Maintain organised project design folders with all revisions clearly labelled to show the current issues.
- Raise and control document registers. Document control (drawings, calculations, RFI, variation) of a high standard is vital. Maintain a hard copy file
- Excellent knowledge of steel design & steel connection details.
- Experience of producing architectural metalwork and structural steel fabrication drawings using Tekla is essential. Knowledge of other software (Revit) would be beneficial.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineer and Architect drawings and understand and be able to deliver the information from structural steel specification into the fabrication drawings.
- An ability to liaise competently with engineers and architects and manage the flow of technical information on a project is essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team to ensure every project is a success. Works will involve co-ordination with Commercial, Project, Production departments and the job site.
- Ability to work from site measurements and produce fabrication drawings from those measurements. Liaising with site engineer / team to close out / clarify any discrepancies.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a number of projects at any given time by prioritising projects based on site dates and production needs. Very keen to get the job done even if it requires overtime to complete the work.
- Knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to 3D Model build, connections detailing and fabrication is essential. Knowledge of ISO 9001, CE Marking BS EN 1090 and PAS 1192-2 will be desirable.
- Able to work to the company’s procedures and ensure that the flow of information and document control is maintained to a high level.
If you are interested in the role, please click apply in the first instance