http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Working with this specialist, established, expanding and successful market leading manufacturing company, this is an exciting time to join them in this newly created role as a Test and Development Engineer.
The successful candidate will have the ability to ensure that test procedures are clear, achievable, and meet the customer’s contractual requirements. You will take the lead on tests for assigned projects, ensuring that preparation is carried out in advance of the testing, results are analysed and completed in a timely manner, and all data and results are recorded and filed efficiently.
Responsibilities will include
- Assisting sales team with quotations for testing.
- Approving test-related engineering documentation.
- Detailing tests and ensuring all preparations are made.
- Ensuring equipment is appropriate and available, designing new equipment where necessary.
- Ensuring all relevant data is collected correctly during testing.
- Analysing data where appropriate and producing test reports.
- Generating Standard Operating Procedures and risk assessments for new tests.
- Working to defined company processes and standards.
- Maintaining customer focus and ensuring customer satisfaction through delivery of your work.
- Approval of FAT documentation in line with customer’s contractual requirements
- Manage queries of FAT documentation with customers
- Ensure that the FAT documentation, ITP and internal procedures are consistent with each other.
- Prepare for testing in good time by checking that equipment and resources for each step is available and in the required condition. Resolving any issues that arise.
- To design and procure any new test equipment that is required.
- Provide a detailed test specification to the test operatives which outlines the exact product, equipment, test procedure, and acceptance criteria they should use.
- Manage inventory related to the testing, ensuring that all items are returned to stores, disposed of, or stored internally for future testing.
- Take a lead role during testing to ensure that procedures are followed exactly, and to be available for clients if required.
- Make engineering decisions during testing to facilitate safe, appropriate testing where required.
- Completion / Analysis of test reports in a clear concise manner including clear communication of whether result is ‘Pass’ or ‘Fail’ – raising NCR’s in event of failures.
- Filing all test data, reports, photographs, etc. in the
This is a permanent role paying up to £30,000 pa + bens.
To apply for the role of Test and Development Engineer please click apply now or feel free to call Chris Johnson directly on 01744 452044 to discuss your suitability.