https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Test Engineer – St Helens – £25-30,000 pa
We are currently looking to recruit a Test Engineer for a highly specialist manufacturing company based in the St Helens area. A newly created position, the role will support the company as their order book continues to expand and they continue to grow. The client has been highly successful in recent years, and this is an exciting team to join them following the winning of several awards in recent months.
- Testing products and systems in a test bay and on site if required
- Liaising with engineers on site about problems with system functions
- Attending site meetings to discuss software or system integration with project managers or sales teams
- Attend site meetings with clients to discuss future needs or changes
- Co-ordinate with panel
- Understanding hydraulic drawings
The Test Engineer will be responsible for testing systems both in the test bay and on-site if necessary, liaising with engineers and customers regarding system problems and attending site meetings to speak with Project Managers and sales teams.
- Understand electrical drawings
- Engineering background
- Automation product experience
- Electromechanical biased
- Good practical ability to set up and test control systems
- Hydraulics control experience
- Safety systems and control
- Siemens PLC
- AutoCAD drawing for electrical circuits
- Experience with other software for electrical drawing
- Engineer apprenticeship background
- Open minded approach to problem solving
A salary of around £25,000 – £30,000 pa is on offer, dependent on experience, plus pension, life assurance, bonus, laptop, and mobile.
Working hours are 37.5 per week, working 8.30am – 5.00pm from Monday to Thursday and 8.30am – 2.00pm on Fridays.
To apply for this position please click apply now to send your CV, or alternatively call Chris Johnson at GPW Recruitment on 01744 452 044.