Job title: Tool Room Operator
Start date: asap
Salary: £12.13 per hour
We are looking for an experienced Tool Room Operator to join a manufacturing company based in Birchwood, Warrington. As a Tool Room Operator, you will play a key role in a market leading manufacturer within a well-oiled team, carrying out general maintenance work within machining workshops.
Key Responsibilities as the Tool Room Operator
- Must be flexible with working hours to cover holidays and do over time as required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and geometry.
- Proficient in the use of precision measuring tools and equipment to ensure the accuracy of machined components.
- Knowledge of common metals used in the machine tool industry.
- Knowledge of cutting tools used for metal removal / polishing such as drills, reamers, taps, end mills and face mills.
- Machine parts to the required specifications and drawings using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and Surface grinders.
- Ability to work independently by utilizing drawings and engineering information to determine methods and sequences of operations required.
Requirements as the Tool Room Operator
Essential Experience, Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience of working within an industrial environment
- Knowledge of various metals essential.
- Ability to use various hand held measuring equipment (Vernier Calipers, Micrometers) essential
- Previous experience using punch and die tooling advantageous.
The Rewards for the Tool Room Operator
- £12.13 per hour depending on experience.
- BUPA health plan
- Health and wellbeing cashback scheme.
- Company pension (Employer 10% Employee 5%)
- Free car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holidays are 25 days plus bank holidays per year.
- Hours of work: 06:00-14:00 / 14:00-22:00 Monday – Thursday & 6:00-11:30 / 11:30-17:00 Friday
To apply for the role of Tool Room Operator please click apply now.