Based in Warrington for this specialist manufacturing business, as the tooling Engineer will need a technical apprenticeship having gained NVQ level 3 and BTEC qualifications and ideally have experience within power/brake/turret press, welding or rolling lines industries.
The Tooling Engineer role is a hybrid of a machinist and fitter role with a strong bias towards press line setting.
As the Tooling Engineer you will:
- Conduct and supervise tool maintenance both in house or contracted out externally.
- Facilitate and audit the autonomous basic maintenance and lubrication performed by production personnel.
- Understand and educate
- Clean and inspect for obvious signs of wear
- Investigate sources of contamination
- Implement a lubrication schedule
- Maintain and feedback results of the tool management system
- Support new product introduction where tooling developments are involved.
- Quality, Health & Safety, & Environment: Promoting culture of improvement in QHSE through compliance, high standards, incident investigation and risk based management. Contractor management will form a significant responsibility of this role.
- Engineering: Developing standard work that stabilises and extends part / tool longevity. Link standards with process capability leading to improved product capability. You will help to support and train setters in all aspects of exemplar power, brake and turret press tool setting and management maintain the tool management system to identify, monitor, record and track the use and maintenance of tooling. Such as, tool reference, key dimensions, number of hits in service, wear type, tool grinding history
- Team working: Effective team work with colleagues to define standards, identify deviations to standard and apply effective immediate fixes and long term solutions
On offer is:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Hours of work: 39 hours per week Monday to Thursday 7:00 to 16:00 with half hour lunch and Friday 07:00 to 12:00.
- Holidays start on 28 (20 + bank holidays) increasing one day per year of service up to 33 days after 5 years’ service
- Free on-site parking
To apply for the role of Tooling Engineer please click apply now.