http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitmet are actively look for a transport manager to lead our clients busy transport team based in Pershore.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a well established name, building a progressive career in the process
This is a fast-paced busy role managing all aspects of our clients transport operations. Every day is different with a variety of tasks and situations throughout the day.
The successful candidate will need:
- The determination and willingness to resolve all issues in order to meet customer and business requirements
- The ability to manage a large team of direct reports and drivers
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy and the ability to work on their own initiative
- A methodical, logical approach with good problem-solving abilities
- To manage route efficiency to ensure effective use of vehicles and resources
- To work closely with our Customer Accounts and Palletforce departments and liaise with the Fleet Manager to ensure proactive vehicle management
- Experience in route management, knowledge of drivers’ hours and vehicle weights, size and dimensions
- People management and leadership experience
Most importantly the candidate must have a passion to get the job done and get it done right.
A flexible approach to working hours is required, the average working week will be 45 hours.
A generous package will be offered reflecting the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Other benefits available upon satisfactory completion of probation:
- Auto enrolled Pension scheme subject to qualifying criteria
- 28 Days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays
- Death In Service Cover
- Flexible benefits including salary sacrifice for holiday buy-back and cycle scheme