Reports To: – Management Accountant
Job Purpose: – To provide flexible support for Finance tasks throughout the year-end period.
Direct Reports: – None
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reconcile the monthly credit card statement and post transactions to SAGE.
2. Provide cover for the processing of purchase invoices.
3. Process weekly payment run in line with authorisation list.
4. Reconciliation of Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger accounts.
5. Carry out chasing of Debtors.
6. Update and analyse income and expenditure to ensure that the correct nominal codes have been used and to aid with month end reconciliation for Management Accounts.
7. Processing regular BACS payments including Bursary and Kickstart payments.
8. Monthly reconciliation of Incentives income and expenditure.
9. Carry out other tasks within the department as requested.
10. Suggest improvements to processes where appropriate.
11. Follow the quality procedures laid down by the client and work with the organisation to ensure that recognition under the following accreditation standards is maintained; IiP, ISO 9001; 2015, BCC Accreditation etc.
12. Carry out other duties as may be requested by Senior Management.
* Excellent communication skills
* IT Literate – competent in Excel
* Ability to spot trends and take appropriate action
* Knowledge of SAGE 200
* Ability to organise and schedule workloads
* Good all round knowledge of accountancy procedures
* Double entry accounting
* Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (to include English and Maths)
* AAT Technician
* At least 3 years experience in an accountancy role
* Ability to work independently and within a team
* Analytical and logical approach
* Highly numerate
* Attention to detail
* Well organised
If you are interested in this position please call Carl @ GPW Recruitment on 01744 454 300 or email cfoster @ gpw recruitment . co . uk