We’re looking for a Buyer to work on a permanent basis near the Rochdale area. The role will involve some overseas travel. Our client is looking for someone with experiences of traveling overseas in a previous Buyer/Purchasing role.
Salary is up to £38,000 per annum plus holidays, pension etc.
As the Buyer you’ll report to the Purchasing Manager and will be primarily responsible for providing support to operations team for supply base development and total cost improvement.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
– Identifying, sourcing and finalising new worldwide suppliers
– Driving total cost reduction across the supply chain by focusing on identifying cost down opportunities
– Managing and developing mutually beneficial existing supplier relationships
– Working with suppliers to ensure KPI’S are achieved and maintained
– Managing and negotiating supplier contracts on an international basis
– Meeting production demands
– Working cross functionally with all areas of the business, particularly engineering and production
– Driving the application and development of purchasing functional excellence
The ideal candidate for this Buyer role will have relevant experience of buyer managing background.
You’ll also need experience of:
– Holding responsibility for final negotiations and closing supplier deals
– Reading technical drawings
– Using an ERP system such as SAP or equivalent
– Buying for an engineering department would be an advantage
In addition, you’ll need the following:
– Experience as a buyer managing a global supply base
– Good standard of general education, particularly in English and math’s
– Computer literate and confident in using Microsoft applications on a daily basis
– CIP’S qualification, or is working towards qualification
– Strong negotiating skills
– The ability to plan and manage multiple conflicting projects to successful conclusion
– A robust and proactive approach to problem solving
– Flexibility in approach to address business needs
– The ability to undertake worldwide travel on a regular basis
– An excellent attention to detail
– Time management capabilities
– The ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues
– The ability to interface professionally with customers – ambassadorial skills
If the Buyer role is of interested, please either call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!