Buyer / Purchaser / Procurement officer required for a full time, permanent position in the Knutsford, WA16 area. Salary is £20,000 – £23,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 37.5 hours (8:00am – 4:30pm Mon – Fri).
Applicants will ideally have some recent experience as a Buyer in the Manufacturing / Engineering sector, be organised, have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and previous experience of MRP and dealing with suppliers. Applications may also be considered from Expeditors wishing to move in to a Buyer position or Trainee / Junior Buyers, current or newly qualified Apprentices.
Salary & Benefits:-
- £20,000 – £23,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays – increasing 1 day per year to max of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Good company pension
- Yearly Bonus (Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary)
- Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
Job Purpose: Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for ensuring bought-out materials are procured to the required specification having regard for quality, delivery, price and other contractual conditions. You will provide cost effective and strategic purchasing focused not only on price but on total cost of acquisition and added value.
Key duties of the successful Buyer include:
- Action MRP Order Report Daily (AM) and generate and issue purchase orders to suppliers via e-mail.
- Generate and issue manual purchase orders via the Purchase Requisition Process.
- Submit drawing and/ or technical specifications to suppliers and ensuring that quotations are received on time, and subsequent evaluation to ensure that all relevant business needs are met.
- Expedite purchase orders for direct and in-direct suppliers in a timely manner when required and where necessary inform the Purchasing Manager regarding any delays / problems to ensure agreed delivery dates are met.
- Creation of stock codes and undertake regular general maintenance to ensure all data is correct.
- Action Non-Conformance Reports. Generate and issue Corrective Action Reports to the suppliers and ensure they are returned within the defined dead-line.
- Sourcing and re-sourcing suppliers in line with the needs of the business.
- Negotiate and create SLA’s and Stock Agreements with key suppliers, whilst ensuring the company’s business needs are met.
- Continually reviewing supplier costs to determine best market prices are achieved.
- Support the supplier selection strategy and development of existing suppliers via an audit process and supplier relationship management with the use of KPI’s.
- Inform the Supply Chain Manager of all price discrepancies.
- Ensure that all order acknowledgements are received within 48 Hours of receipt of PO and update the system with the confirmed delivery date.
- Review and subsequent resolution of all invoice queries.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Carry out administrative duties as and when required.
The ideal Buyer will have the following experience / characteristics:
- CIPS trained (level 2 / Certifcate)
- Relevant BTEC / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Purchasing, Business Admin etc.
- Have a recently worked in a purchasing / procurement position for a manufacturing, production or engineering company.
- Administrational experience
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- To be fully competent with MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Attention to detail and accurate production of documentation at all times
- Ability to follow work procedures and instructions within a fast paced environment
- Ability to use own initiative to problem solve and be innovative to see opportunities to improve systems and procedures for time saving and cost saving
Key words: Buyer, Purchasing, Procurement, Buying, Purchaser, Administration, Junior Buyer, MRP, Materials Requirements Planning, Expeditor, Expediting, Engineering, Manufacturing, CIPS, Stock Control, Engineering Materials, Permanent, Full Time, Knutsford, Cheshire
The successful Buyer will need to be organised, self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to deadlines, assertive, possess a strong work ethic and able to work as part of a team. The successful applicant will need to have a practical approach to work along with the relevant qualifications / experience.
If you are interested in the Buyer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.