http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
I am currently looking to recruit a Category Specialist based in the North West.
Suitable candidate must be fluent in Italian.
The role is to support the Category Manager in design and implementation of Category strategies within the Hardware Chemicals Category in Europe and deliver optimum service to the Production Plants. This would include plastic moulding and extrusion, polymer compounds, primers and adhesives. You will also support the NMI process across Europe (specifically for Italy) to deliver new model launches in line with time, cost and quality requirements.
The job holder responsibilities will be:
- Support the Category Manager in analysing, describing and managing the supply market for the category, including supply base, competitors, cost structures and market dynamics.
- To develop category strategies with the Category Manager that follow the key principles of the Global strategy and objectives.
- Develop and manage capable design partners and facilitate early involvement of preferred suppliers in the NMI development process
- Be the prime contact with business stakeholders in relation to the category.
- Be the prime commercial contact with suppliers delivering SRM strategies, supporting the resolution of key quality and supply issues, and mitigating supply risk
- Work to improve and develop standardisation and specifications in support of improve Procurement process.
- Manage all feasibility/pre-award tenders for the category to supply the SBU with accurate cost data for business cases
- Lead specific NMI projects for Italy from tendering to SOP, following all Procurement processes and ensuring parts are delivered respecting quality/cost/timing requirements
- Build close working relationships with key stakeholders in representing Procurement in OE Core team activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent)
- CIP’s would be preferable but not essential
- Minimum three years of experience in Procurement
- Language – Fluent in at least two languages – written and spoken Italian and written and spoken English
- Experience – commercially and analytically experienced and be highly organised and able to workunder significant time pressure, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- A Technical backgroundis advantageous.
- System skills – ideally Ariba, Excel, PowerPoint, Word experience and a working knowledge of SharePoint/Office 365 and SAP
- Strong, well developed Communication and Interpersonal skills are essential as they will have exposure to Suppliers, internal and external Customers and potentially Competition
If you are interested in this role feel free to call me on 01744 454300 or email email@example.com