https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
An experienced Design and Software Engineer is required to join a growing company based in St Helens. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Projects and will be based out of the head office, with extensive travel around the UK and occasionally internationally.
- Drawing electrical circuits for service and project customers from PBS requirements
- Modifying existing PLC software when customers site requirements change
- Determining safe operating procedures within the software
- Understanding DETR requirements when programming
- Writing PLC programmes in ladder logic
- Testing ATG Access Security Systems where necessary
- Liaising with ATG engineers on site about problems with software function
- Liaising with other ATG Customers about software problems
- Attend site meetings to discuss software or system integration with project managers or sales teams
- Attend site meetings with clients to discuss future needs or changes
- Coordinate drawings and software with test bay and panel shop
- Uploading revised drawings and signed test documents on the system.
Requirements for the role:
- Safety systems and control
- Siemens PLC
- AutoCAD Drawing for electrical circuits
- Experience with other software for electrical drawing
- Engineer apprenticeship background
- Open minded approach to problem solving
- Hydraulics Control experience
- Electrical drawings
- PLC programming experience
- Engineering Background
- Automation product experience
- Electromechanical biased
- Good practical ability to set up and test control systems
A salary of around £30,000 – £35,000s pa is on offer, dependent on experience, plus pension, life assurance, bonus, laptop, and mobile.
To apply for the role of Design and Software Engineer please click apply now.