We’re looking for a talented Lean Professional to work on a long term contract based in the Wigan area.
The role is working for 12 months minimum, but has the opportunity to be extended.
Rate is £22.39 PAYE per hour plus holiday pay, pension etc. The role is working 4 days per week – Monday to Thursday.
Based in the Wigan area, as the Lean Professional you will be primarily responsible for supporting company lean projects to help drive a continuous improvement culture on a day-to-day basis and achieve business efficiency targets. You will also be training and assisting with the deployment of lean techniques, agreed with site management priority areas, to reduce waste in defects, time and cost – whilst improving service quality, customer satisfaction and health and safety performance.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
– Analysing current work practices to identify areas for improvement, coaching how to improve manufacturing/office processes. Devise and test solutions and roll out new ways of work.
– Conducting lean health checks in manufacturing and office environment.
– Processing map IMS procedures in Visio identifying value added and not value-added activities.
– Process mapping, value stream mapping, identifying inefficiencies in productivity with a particular focus on layouts and sequencing.
– Deploying appropriate methodologies (i.e., Fishbone, 5 Why, 8D etc.,) to problem solving and support teams to solve problems (i.e., product return issues, product field issues, process defects, BOM issues) ensuring the escalation process for problem solving and cross-departmental collaboration is effective and follow up preventive actions are completed according to the PDCA cycle.
– Implementing and maintaining with local managers standards of work, visual factory and error proofing (poka yoke).
– Monitoring the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
– Working as part of the site teams to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and carry out process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements in line with company and customer requirements.
The ideal candidate for this Lean Professional role will have relevant experience of lean manufacturing.
You’ll also need experience of:
– Lean and/or Lean Six Sigma knowledge and experience (minimum 3 years) in manufacturing and office environment.
– Have trained teams at various organisational levels in Lean tools and methodologies e.g., PDCA, 5S, VSM, 8 types of waste and visual management.
– Working in teams incorporating different organisational cultures in a dynamic and diverse environment.
– Coaching/mentoring and people development management.
– Leadership and experience of cross functional team management.
In addition, you’ll need the following:
– Green Belt Six Sigma qualification or equivalent (CIP or Lean Practitioner).
– Degree in engineering (desirable not essential).
– Problem solving and analytical skills.
– People management.
– Understanding of cost and financial impacts.
– Facilitators, train the trainer, writing and presentation skills.
– Microsoft Office, Visio and Minitab.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Lean Implementation, Lean Implementation Supervisor or as a Lean Engineer.
If the Lean Professional role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!