Working to agreed Safe Operating Procedures in the Cast and Finishing area in order to contribute to the delivery of the clients site.
* Follow and review all Work Instructions / SOPs associated with the Cast and finishing area
* Collect Batch tickets for items requiring production
* Ensure Plaster Moulds are set up and lubricated in correct manner to achieve good product first time
* Cast and Finish items to the required quality standard ensuring any non-conformances are communicated to the relevant departments and resolved
* Record times onto work premium for recording into SAP
* Involvement in establishing the “root causes” of quality failures and, as appropriate, recommendations to be given on the corrective and preventative actions required.
* Work flexibly between departments moving between roles when requested and training allows
* Support the site to ensure delivery dates can be achieved in line with production capacity
* Maintain equipment and work areas to the highest standards including housekeeping and fault reporting.
* Share workload and support others within your team and have a flexible approach
* Active involvement in WCM / 5S activities including daily / weekly cleaning of operations’ areas.
* Contribute to team activities and KPIs to ensure continuous business improvement.
* Proactively make suggestions and recommendations to improve the role and its contribution to the business.
* Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (Health, Safety, Environment, quality and HR).
* Undertake other reasonable duties or jobs within the needs of the business.
* Comply with SG’s requirements for Safety, Health and the Environment.
* Required to act with a high degree of autonomy on a daily basis (i.e. work on own initiative to maintain product quality and output targets with a strict ISO9001/14001 culture).
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Manufacturing / Engineering is desirable but not essential
* Previous experience within a manufacturing and / or engineering environment.
* Good product and process knowledge is required in order to undertake the duties of the job.
* Able to demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly as the plant operation requires.
* Ability to work as part of a team and also work independantly.
* Proven ability to build and maintain good working relationships.
If you are interested in this role please call Carl @ GPW Recruitment on 01744 454300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org