Job title: Operator
Duration: Temp to perm
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: Competitive
Industry sector: Manufacturing
Applicants are sought to set up and operate production lines to specific parameters for a specialist manufacturer within the recycling industry. You will be working a shift pattern of 4 on 4 off, 2 days and 2 nights
- Support the smooth running of the plant by undertaking a range of plastics processing tasks.
- Focusing on health and safety as well as quality, you will run production lines, ensuring machines are running at optimal performance.
- Setting up new lines and managing their parameters throughout your shift.
- Carry out all tasks in line with health, safety and environmental procedures
- Ensure that products are being made to the correct standard/specification
- Complete hourly check sheets consistently and accurately
- Perform impact and quality tests
- Ensure that machines are running to the correct/optimised parameters
- Provide effective handovers for the next team
- Assist with engineering requests and handovers
- Support product trials/projects
- Report machinery faults, process limitations and improvement ideas
Key skills and qualifications:
- Hands-on experience within a production or manufacturing environment,
- Ideally have experience setting up and operating production lines to specified parameters
- Have the ability to follow instructions and use initiative
- Have the willingness to learn and undertake training to expand your knowledge and expertise
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- The successful candidates must also be committed to working to the company core values of honesty and integrity, teamwork, performance, personal accountability and customer focus.
- Experience within the plastic extrusion industry would be beneficial to your application.
This is initially a temporary role that could lead to permanent employment which will include a competitive salary, a generous company pension scheme, 20 days’ holiday and long service days, free on-site parking, Good transport links; Learning and development opportunities.