https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Job Title: Product Manager
Purpose of the job
To efficiently manage the production resources, activities and output in keeping with the Company’s manufacturing requirements and scheduling, whilst ensuring to remain focused upon the safety and personal development of production (Assembly, Electrical Assembly and Fabrication) employees within scope of responsibility.
To ensure Continuous Improvement in Cost, Lead Time and Quality using Lean manufacturing techniques to reduce Waste and improve efficiency.
To efficiently manage the product sales resources, activities and output in keeping with the Company’s requirements and scheduling, whilst ensuring to remain focused upon the safety and personal development of the product sales employees.
All employees may be required to undertake differing or additional tasks to those detailed within this job description, on the proviso that they are within the reasonable skills, experience and knowledge of the employee. Context
- Responsible for the conversion of raw materials and component parts into finished product in line with the requirements of the internal manufacturing plan and subject to the variability of client amendment and delivery expectation.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the product sales team.
- Accountable for ensuring that systems and processes are in place which allow for the preparation and submission of tenders; to deadlines and that they are on time.
- Responsible for circa 50 direct cost employees and circa 5 overhead cost employees
- Manufacturing department generates circa £6.5M- £8.5M annual revenues.
- Responsible for the management and deployment of appropriate manpower, skill sets, equipment and knowledge to facilitate achievement of the above.