http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Are you a Production Leader with a lean mentality, do you have a proven ability to ensure production targets and quality standards are met, do you want to be a champion of policies and procedures ?
Reporting to the Production Manager, as the Production Leader you are responsible for the organisation and monitoring the production flow and output of a cell. Ensuring production targets and quality standards are met, you’ll be responsible for the training of staff within a cell and championing of the companies policies and procedures in relation to Health & Safety, Environment and 5S.
Your key drivers as the Production Leader will be safety, quality, delivery, efficiency and people.
Key responsibilities as the Production Leader:
- Understand and respect the company philosophy, principles and core values.
- Ensure production flow is kept constant to avoid bottlenecks and gaps through active team involvement.
- Communicate through daily meetings.
- To lead by example and demonstrate effective and positive leadership skills.
- Pro-active involvement, within the cell promoting a “Can Do” attitude.
- Provide “hands on” approach where needed in daily activity.
- To promote Company processes and procedures ensuring that they are adhered to at team level.
- Ensure team members are responsible and accountable for daily activities.
Main task as Production Leader:
- Ensure achievement of production plan schedules in accordance with the objectives of cost, quality and delivery, whilst ensuring appropriate resource.
- Ensure production targets and quality standards are adhered to.
- Identify non-compliant situations and behaviours
- Escalate any disruptions in production, to relevant support functions
- Be a driver for LEAN activities.
- Involvement in projects to generate and drive actions to improve HSE, service level, quality and productivity goals.
- Remove Non-Value Added (NVA) activity (Waste / RED time).
- Drive process improvement i.e. “changeover” and “setup” activities and incorporate TPM philosophy, at cell level.
- Organise and document the training needs of teams and manage flexibility and versatility in accordance with defined targets.
- Input production data into Management Information System
- Help to drive visual management – KPI’s, work instructions, SOP’s etc.
- To ensure all production figures are inputted into the database when applicable
On offer is a value based salary, with an excellent benefits package including an early Friday finish.
To apply for the role of Production Leader please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.