http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Are you an experienced Production Manager or a Senior Production Engineer looking to step up?
Do you have experience in a low volume assembly environment?
Are you looking for an autonomous role where you can make a big impact on productivity?
GPW are looking to recruit a Production Manager for a Birkenhead based engineering company. They are a well-established and successful business, and have identified a need for an experienced Production Manager/Engineer with strong lean and process improvement experience, to take them to the next level. It’s a high value, low volume assembly environment so won’t suit a manager from the food, FMCG, or similar markets.
Day to day, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership to the production team, organising workloads, and ensuring work is produced to the agreed quality standard within agreed timeframes. There will be a big emphasis on process improvement, promoting and enforcing lean manufacturing processes, and implementing 5s. Current processes work well, but could certainly do with a revamp, and you will be given the opportunity to put your own stamp on things.
Reporting directly to the engineering director, the key responsibility of this role will be to manage a production team, improving overall productivity through continuous improvement methods and accurate people management. Other key duties may include:
- Managing a small middle-management team, delegating responsibilities and tasks.
- Carrying out production planning duties and organising of production schedules.
- Implementing proven lean manufacturing techniques to enhance production efficiency.
- To determine the performance gaps in the manufacturing operations and to commence a process of change to establish the processes and disciplines that will enable significant increases in throughput, improvements in quality, cost and delivery to be achieved.
- Close liaison with other departments to develop new systems of continually improving.
- Up-keep of existing Quality processes to ensure Quality standards are met-introduction of new quality standards where required.
- Staff Training & development.
- Management and analysis of KPIs.
- Previous experience in production/manufacturing management, preferably in an automotive, special purpose machinery or mechanical assembly environment.
- Degree/HND/Apprenticeship or equivalent qualification within an engineering field of study.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining lean manufacturing techniques and quality standards.
- Production Planning and Control experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Effective communicator – both verbal and written.
A salary of between £38,000 – £45,000 pa is offered, alongside Bupa healthcare, 20 days holidays plus bank holidays, and pension
To apply for the role of Production Manager please click apply now.