https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to work on a permanent basis in Gloucester.
Salary is up to £60,000 per annum, depending on experience.
* Compile a Surveillance Plan to address Quality related risks associated with the portfolio.
* Carrying out surveillances to the agreed plan, of Project and Contractor Quality Plans, polices & procedures.
* Reviewing, commenting on and assisting with the mark-up of Quality Plans, Quality Programmes and
Project Definition Documents as part of the Investment Delivery Process (IDP).
* Assisting Project Managers in carrying out surveillance and inspection visits to manufacturers and subcontractors on or off site as required.
* Acting as a champion for Quality Assurance by:
o Ensuring the project activities comply with Corporate Quality standards & procedures
o Acting as first point of contact for advice on Quality Plans and Quality arrangements
o Assisting Project Managers in establishing quality management arrangements at the beginning of a project and maintaining them through the project life cycle.
* Maintaining awareness of relevant procedures and disseminating information on requirements, changes and updates by establishing and maintaining links with Investment Delivery Quality Lead and the Quality Peer Group.
* Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities within the Quality Management System.
* Assisting in maintaining supplier & contractor quality arrangements; including monitoring of their quality
plans, method statements and other procedures.
* Monitoring and supporting change management including technical queries and concessions.
* Maintaining and logging of surveillance close outs, non-conformities and associated trend analysis.
* Complete a monthly report on quality performance by identifying good practices and deteriorating trends to the Projects Portfolio Manager (PPM) or equivalent Group Head and process lead.
* Supporting the PPM or equivalent Group Head with governance checks on the quality aspects of IDP Gate approval submissions.
* Assisting with document control issues, including project close out and archiving activities.
* Take part in improvement workshops to support continual improvement when required and made available by the PPM or equivalent Group Head.
Reports to: Projects Portfolio Manager (PPM)
* Must recognise the importance of nuclear safety and zero harm
* BPSS level security clearance required
* Competence, knowledge & experience gained from a specific engineering discipline preferably technical, qualified to HNC level or equivalent as a minimum.
* Demonstrated proficiency in auditing and surveillance of client and contractor activities.
* ISO9001 Internal Auditor.
* Demonstrable proficiency in Quality Management practices, methods and processes which should include experience of Quality Management in a Project or Programme environment within central corporate technical engineering/support functions. Ideally within the Nuclear Industry or other similar regulated environments.
* Awareness of the Site Licence requirements on quality assurance and arrangements required to ensure compliance.
* Working knowledge of the current versions of IAEA GC-R-3, ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001.
* Good organisational and time management skills.
* Excellent communications skills & interpersonal skills, including questioning for clarification and establishing of facts, observation and active listening.
* Ability to cope well under pressure & work within tight timeframes,
* Clear decision-making ability with the acumen to judge complex situations & assess when to escalate issues.
* Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Proficient in MS Office.
* Fluent English – written & verbal.
If the Quality Assurance Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!