We are looking for a Quality Engineer to work on a permanent basis for a global manufacturing company based in the Wigan area.
Salary is £32,000 per annum plus holidays, pension, product discounts.
The role is working Monday to Friday days with a lunchtime finish on Friday.
- Ensure compliance with the companies Quality Management System and associated control systems & processes – ISO9001 accreditation – as part of the company Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Ensure product quality assurance for both externally sourced and locally manufactured products covering Wiring Accessories and Circuit Protection (domestic & commercial).
- Management of non-conforming products & components and relative inventory management of respective Quarantine Areas.
- Support achievement of the Headquarters & internally agreed Quality Target Agreements (year-on-year basis).
- Support cross-functional cooperation across the business.
- Working with the Head of Supplier Operations, the management of site issues / complaints (both internal and external) – from initial planning of recovery actions through to corrective, preventive measures, cost capture and reporting.
- Analysis of operational product quality concerns, their impact (i.e., non-conformance costs) and implementation of preventive / corrective actions.
- Full involvement in the internal audit schedule, covering the Operating Procedures supporting the companies IMS (9001 section) and HQ mandated Quality-Gates.
- Accurate capture of Quality data and the onward reporting & communication to management and where applicable into Headquarters and local Quality reporting / meetings.
- Creation, management and control to satisfactory close out of applicable quality concern documentation in processes and projects; IQCA, APQP, 8D, RP3, RP4 and PDSM.
- Management & maintenance of the product concession system.
- Installation, maintenance and optimisation of in-bound Quality Control Plans for finished products and production components from suppliers.
- Delivery of Quality performance targets agreed with Headquarters and with the internal “stretch” Quality Target agreements.
- Satisfactory management of non-conforming product / components, ensuring inventory is retained at minimal possible levels (rejects returned to vendors / rework operations organised through Operations) and any variances posted at stocktake operations relative to Quarantine Areas are minimal.
- Year on Year reduction in “cost of quality” across the sites to agreed annual targets
- Analysis of quality problems, their impact (i.e., Non-conformance costs) and implementation of preventative / corrective actions.
- HNC/ONC with electrical bias.
- Applicable Quality Management qualification/experience.
- SAP experience & usage.
- Ability to coach, mentor and instruct others in quality concepts and tools.
- Strong MS Office skills – particularly MS Excel.
- Ability to liaise with suppliers, China Operations Quality Team & South Africa Quality Team on quality issues, ensuring effective communication and prompt resolution.
- Operational procedures – ability to create, implement, maintain and audit.
- Ability to create monthly quality reports, analysing quality trends and input into applicable improvement programmes.
- Ability to apply quality assurance methods & techniques
- Use of applicable quality concern documentation such as IQCA (Incoming Quality Concern Advice) and 8D.
- Knowledge of Wiring Accessory and Domestic / Commercial Circuit Protection product.
- Awareness of Engineering / Manufacturing processes – key technologies: plastics / machining mechanical components / assembly.
- Knowledge of lean principles & implementation of lean tools.
- Strong and articulate communicator – verbal and written.
- Ability to accurately capture, scrutinise and manipulate performance data to a high level of specific detail.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to work within a multi-functional team.
If the Quality Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!