https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to work on a permanent basis for a large engineering company near Burnton on Trent.
Salary is c£40-50,000 per annum, plus car/allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare etc.
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Project Engineer with food, drink, pharmacutical (or similar) industry experience.
Ideally the Senior Project Engineer will be Degree qualified but HNC/HND candidates with relevant experience will also be considered.
Duties will include:
- Manage the Implementation of innovative plant utility engineering projects to solve complex client problems with responsibility for delivery from initial conception through to installation, commissioning and final handover.
- Specify and procure utilities equipment such as, air compressors, boilers and utilities distribution pipework, pumps, valves etc.
- The candidate should be committed to delivering project objectives within capital, time, quality and legislative parameters.
- The candidate should have a self-sufficient professional approach incorporating best practice and internally developed QA and design procedures.
- Process design experience in areas such as P&ID’s, utilisation calculations, mass & energy balances, pressure drop calcs, HAZOP useful but not essential
- Supervise the development of detailed layouts and mechanical design from block flow diagrams and P&ID’s generated by the process & utilities teams, and manage the interfaces with other work packages
- Manage the procurement process, produce clear unambiguous engineering outputs including specifications and scope of work incorporating measurable performance requirements ensuring project deliverables are met.
- Manage the implementation of the project including the installation, commissioning and hand over.
- Manage project profitability and programme, control capital expenditure and contractor variations, meet programme dates agreed by them or their contractors. Control internal profitability through control of man hours.
- Contribute to and work to Internal/client quality assurance systems and design procedures.
- Ensure project compliance with current industry best practice and legal requirements including CDM Regulations.
- Develop client relationship and sell added value.
- Assist in the development of the process/project team, including the mentoring of graduate engineers.
If the Senior Project Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!