GPW are recruiting for a number of temporary Production Operatives for a specialist manufacturer in Skelmersdale.
Delivery of daily production activities within individual manufacturing cells on the shop floor to meet customer needs and achieve standards related to safety, quality, productivity, cost and on-time delivery.
- Contribute to the manufacturing unit with emphasis on efficient individual and team working through adequate communication and training
- Ensure strict compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures with reference to health, safety and quality
- Operate equipment and machinery in a safe manner adhering to Health and Safety legislation at all time
- Perform a range of activities associated with the preparation of material manufacturing, completion and inspection of manufactured product
- Adhere to works order documentation
- Respond to fluctuations in planned and amended production planning
- Troubleshoot and maintain equipment in accordance with relevant Preventive Maintenance documentation
- Report any unresolved issues to Production Lead or Production Manager.
- Reduce occupational injuries inherent to the area by ensuring proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn at all times
- Ensure that the housekeeping in the areas under the Production Lead control is maintained to the highest standard
- Participate in developing the manufacturing unit’s activities e.g. working practices, equipment specifications, improvements in productivity and quality
- Production of defect-free product which meet with customer specifications
- Fulfilling all Operations duties identified in The Map and driving continuous improvement
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effective communicator and strong team player
- Deliver excellent customer satisfaction by continuously meeting and exceeding expectations
- Understand customer needs and develop interventions to fulfil requirements
- Ensure excellent service delivery through operational excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- H&S qualification (preferred)
- Working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Working within a deadline driven environment.
To apply for the role of Temporary Production Operative please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.