As part of a world leading geotechnical contracting group, our client specialises in all aspects of modern Geotechnics and Foundation Engineering, including bored and displacement piling, diaphragm walls, grouting, mini piling, anchors, ground improvements and environmental engineering.
Working at our extensive fabrication facility based in Burscough, Lancashire, we require a Fabricator / Welder to work with mild steel plate and tube, fabricating new drilling tools & ancillary components for both our own Group Companies & external customers from around the world. The role will also require fabricating bespoke assemblies for our major construction projects, and our Joint Venture partners.
Suitable candidates must have:-
- Served a recognised Apprenticeship in Fabricating & Welding and gained NVQ or City & Guilds qualifications.
- Fully conversant in reading Fabrication Drawings
- Be familiar working with heavy plate & tube
- Be competent using the MAGS & MMA welding processes
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to Health & Safety.
- Although not compulsory, it would be desirable to have relevant experience within the industry
- It would be advantageous to have BTEC technical qualifications and be computer literate.
In return we offer an attractive Salaried position including:-
- Salary scale ranging from £27,500 to £29,000(dependant on experience)
- Paid Overtime
- Company Bonus Schemes (discretionary)
- Company Pension scheme – (5% employee contribution – 5% employer contribution rising to 10% after the age of 40)
- Company Sick-pay Scheme
- Company Share-Save Scheme
- Private medical Insurance
- 25 days paid holiday (increasing with service to 31 days) plus 8 statuary bank holidays
- Excellent Health & Safety Training
- Opportunities to work on our sites nationally and internationally.