http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Service Desk Analyst
The Support Desk Engineer role is to ensure the best experience for client customers at all times.
The role holder will provide consistently great customer service via the effective management of customer support enquiries.
In return for your skills, experience and passion for excellence, customer service and teamwork we offer a competitive, market benchmarked salary range giving potential for progression within and across roles, plus company benefits including Healthcare and Death in Service after successful completion of 6-month probationary period.
A flexible working attitude will be required. The role is based on 37.5 hours per week. This is shift-based to provide support between 0800 and 1730.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
The Support Desk Analyst must be passionate about excellent customer service and their own technical skill development
Responsibilities include: –
- 1st line technical support
- Resolving customer issues within service level guidelines (SLA)
- gathering relevant information from initial call/contact to ensure most efficient troubleshooting
- manage internal escalations in a timely manner
- Willing to be involved with projects at customer sites when asked (for development)
- Having an understanding of how customer back-ups work and of back up strategies.
- Fulfilling the requirement to undertake other business activities outside usual remit that support the service to our customers and the smooth running of the company.
- Taking personal responsibility for own career development
The Support Desk Analyst must:
- Follow internal procedures.
- Ensure clear, timely and professional communication, both internally and with the customer.
- Collect and document information and any actions taken on the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform ongoing liaison to keep customer informed of progress (not just when the issue is resolved).
- Use the most effective form of communication.
- Focus on achieving personal and team targets as defined by the client to achieve the highest level of customer service.
Skills, Behaviours Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Strong Communication Skills (Verbal and written)
- Professional, Polite and cheerful approach both internally and externally
- Appropriate language both by phone and by e-mail to both customers and other support companies (e.g. minimising use of jargon with customers but using the correct terminology with other support companies)
- Ability to choose the most appropriate/effective form of communication for the circumstances e.g. would telephone be more effective than e-mail or would another form of communication work better?
Knowledge skills, experience of:
- Office 365 (Understanding and Administration of)
- Windows Server Technologies – 2008 / 2012 essential. 2016 desirable
- Mail Technologies – Understanding and Administration of Exchange 365, Exchange Server 2013 / 2016
- Virtualisation (VMware and Hyper-V) – (Understanding /Administration of)
- Backup Technologies – Veeam, Datto Backup & Recovery
- Hardware Experience – HP, Dell, NAS
- Windows Desktop – 7, 10
- Networking Experience – WAN, LAN, iSCSI, NAT, VPN, RDP
- Building and configuring server hardware
- Experience of using Solarwinds
- Industry relevant qualifications (e.g. Microsoft, VMware, Veeam)
- Understanding of ITIL Framework
- Experience working for a Managed Service Provider
Other Working Requirements:
Permanent Access to a reliable vehicle in good working order.
If you are interested in the above position please call Carl @ GPW Recruitment on 01744 454300 or email cfoster @ gpw recruitment . co . uk